Crystal Pinson Carver
5th Social Studies
Welcome to Jasper Middle School!
My name is Crystal Pinson Carver and this is my 23rd year as a teacher in Pickens County. I have experience in grades 2nd, 3rd, 4th, and 5th, with most of my teaching in fourth and fifth.
I hold a Bachelor's degree in Business Management (my first career) and a Master's degree in Early Childhood Education from North Georgia College (now known as The University of North Georgia). I also hold an Educational Specialist degree from The University of Georgia.
I teach 5th grade social studies. If you ever have any questions about your child's progress, please do not hesitate to call or email.
706-253-1730, ext. 134
7:50--8:30 Breakfast and Homeroom
8:30--8:45 Morning Meeting
8:45--9:15 Thinking Maps
Unit 3: Turn of the Century
- Cattle Trails and The Black Cowboys of Texas
- Thomas Edison, Alexander Graham Bell, The Wright Brothers, and George Washington Carver
- William McKinley and the Spanish-American War
- Theodore Roosevelt and the Panama Canal
- Immigration between 1860 and 1914
- Specialization, incentives, trade, opportunity cost, and productivity
An assessment for Unit 3 is scheduled for Wednesday, October 5th. Click on the link below to access the study guide for this assessment.
School Start and End Times 2022-2023
If parents are looking for ParentPortal account information - please have them email:
*Using Its Learning at Home
Its Learning has a website that contains wonderful information for teachers, students, and parents. Click on the link below to access the site.
To email the 5A teachers please use the following:
English Language Arts: