Welcome to Jasper Middle School
Important! Please help JMS by taking the 2016-17 Georgia Parent Survey. Click here for PARENT survey
Happy National Counselors' Week to our wonderful, dedicated Miss Jana Champion. We appreciate you and all you do!
The JMS Reading Bowl Team had a great time on Saturday, Feb. 4 competing in the regional Helen Ruffin Reading Bowl!
January was a busy month at JMS! Below are some pictures from our competitions and events
Geography Bee Winners! L to R: 3rd place- Haley P., 2nd place- Peyton J., 1st place- Karolina K Karolina will advance to the next level of competition with an online test.
Spelling Bee Runner up Ty P. and Winner Jasmine M. Jasmine will represent Pickens County in the upcoming Regional Spelling Bee.
These ladies were winners in the Stock Market Game! L to R: Zoe P., Madison B., Mattie C. and Megan S. participated in the fall Stock Market Game, winning first place in our region/county. They placed in the top 100 for the state. In 3 months, the investments made by these girls earned $23,981.43. In May, they will attend a luncheon in Atlanta. On January 30, they began playing the spring game. We hope to see great successful investing again!
It's also FFA Show Season!
Don't Forget! You can earn $$ for JMS by shopping! Be sure to register your store loyalty cards for Kroger and Ingles and designate JMS as your chosen school. Cards need to be re-registered each school year to be sure the store's contributions are going to the correct school! Go to www.inglestoolsforschools.com and www.krogercommunityrewards.com for more information.
Joining Mind and Spirit to ensure academic success, social responsibility, and graduation for all. "Our goal is that all students will work not only to meet academic expectations, but that they will strive to exceed expectations."
The vision of Jasper Middle School, in cooperation with all stakeholders, is to commit ourselves to developing critical thinkers and lifelong learners through a rigorous curriculum, high expectations, and positive character development in a safe and nurturing environment.
- Devoted educators actively support students, family, and community to help prepare students to be positive contributors to society through preparation for future challenges and societal demands.
- All students can learn.
- Communication through the spoken and written word is essential to the success of all students.
- Education and learning is a shared responsibility that takes place in the home, school, and community.
- Each and every student must be prepared for an ever-changing and technologically driven society.
- Positive behavior supports lead to greater success.
- All stakeholders are accountable for improving student achievement.
- JMS Student Handbook 2016-2017
- JMS School Improvement Plan (SIP) 2016-2017
- JMS Parent Involvement Plan 2016-2017
- Positive Behavior Intervention (PBIS) Information
- GADOE PBIS Site